Skip to main content
Sign In

Pathways to Permanent Residence

HR/Immigration Administrator

The employing unit must determine whether the University is willing to commit the time and resources toward the permanent residence process. Institutional policy does not permit University applications for temporary positions such as postdoctoral fellows or visiting scholars.  The position must be one of the University’s regular, full-time positions.

Institutional policy also requires that all decisions about which applications will be filed be made by International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS), in consultation with the international faculty’s or staff’s department.

Please see: Partnering with ISSS to Apply for Legal Permanent Residency

Finally, institutional policy does not permit the use of outside counsel to represent the University unless the attorney has been appointed Special Assistant Attorney General.  Only one immigration law firm has been appointed to represent the campus in immigration matters:  In order to use law firm(s) for a University application, it is necessary to first obtain permission from the ISSS unit.   

In order to start the process of discussing the various routes to permanent residence, the employing unit should submit an official request to ISSS through the following documentation below, and make sure to review the information on Partnering with ISSS to Apply for Legal Permanent Residency:




© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.