The Displaced Aurarian Scholarship Program provides former Auraria residents and their decedents scholarships to all programs offered on the Auraria campus
The Displaced Aurarian Scholarship is designed to provide funds for tuition and fees for undergraduate and graduate students who were residents of the Auraria neighborhood between between 1955 and 1973 before the Auraria Higher Education Campus was built. The program also extends to the children and grandchildren of these residents.
This program covers applicable tuition and fees for state-supported classes taught at the downtown campus (Auraria). Classes taught at other locations, including Anschutz Medical Campus and in an online format, are not funded by the scholarship.
Funding is provided for a total of 8 semesters for undergraduate students, including summer semesters, at a minimum of half-time enrollment each semester (6 credits undergraduate). For graduate students, funding is provided for a total of 6 semesters, including summer semesters, at a minimum of half-time enrollment each semester (3 credits graduate).
About the Auraria Neighborhood
The Auraria neighborhood borders consisted of Colfax Avenue to the south, South Platte River to the west, and Speer Boulevard to the east.