Make your mobile device work smarter for you with Office 365 mobile email and productivity suiteAug 15, 2018
Microsoft Office 365 (O365) is University of Colorado Denver and Anschutz campuses’ productivity application suite for desktops and the cloud. Students, faculty and staff access university email, share documents using OneDrive, collaborate on projects and learning using Teams, and more using O365.
Did you know that you can access your O365 email on your mobile device by installing Microsoft Outlook for Mobile? While other mobile emails apps might work just fine for your university email account, Outlook for Mobile is designed to work with O365 seamlessly. Have you made this important change?
Why should I make this change?
Changes to support data security are coming soon to our university email, as well as the UCD Access portal and other data-access tools. Get ahead of the change and install Office 365 Outlook for Mobile now! Other reasons to install the Outlook for Mobile app now include:
- Securely connect; it is all of our jobs to help keep the university safe.
- Continue to be supported; O365 Outlook for Mobile is the service that our team will support as we move into upgrading university technology and using two-factor authentication.
- Experience high functionality; enjoy the flexibility of accessing multiple accounts from one location.
- Have better storage of your emails; everything is in the cloud so you can seamlessly connect on any device that’s convenient for you.
What do I need to do to with my mobile device email app?
- Download the Outlook app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Enter your email address and university web login account information.
- Your email folders will populate but, to save storage they will not be downloaded yet. To access the emails within your folders, click Get Messages.
- Customize your O365 Outlook experience on your settings menu (just like on your computer).
- Walk-up IT support is available:
- In-person services are available at the LSC, 13th floor
- Visit the OIT booth at the campus block parties to be sure you’re using the supported desktop email client (show us you’ve installed the O365 Outlook Mobile app and you will be entered early to win an iPad during the technology awareness day event in October).
Contact the OIT service desk for additional questions or assistance.
As a reminder, faculty, staff and students can access the most current version of Office 365 from the OIT website and install on up to five PCs or Macs, tablets and smart phones using your university credentials.
The OIT team has shared the benefits of moving to the Office 365 environment in previous articles and now it’s time to complete the process, if you haven’t already!