Report the loss to the police:
• If the loss occurs at CU Anschutz, contact Campus Police at 303-724-4444.
• If you are on the Denver campus, call 303-556-5000.
• If the theft occurs elsewhere, contact the police department in that jurisdiction to file a report.
Inform your supervisor and department IT support staff.
Submit a Cherwell ticket immediately (see below for steps):
• Go to OIT’s ticketing portal
• Sign in with your CU username and password.
• Click the “Make a Request” button.
• Move the inner right slider all the way to the bottom of the page until you see “Security Event” and click on it.
• Select “Lost/Stolen Device”
• Provide as much information as possible:
• A detailed account of what happened including a timeline. Also provide the names of anyone you notified about the incident or anyone who might have additional information.
• Make, model and serial number of the lost/stolen device.
• Whether the device was encrypted or not.
• Your title and a brief description of your typical job duties.
• What type of data was on the device, especially anything sensitive such as patient information, student information, personal financial information, etc.
Change your university password immediately.
A member of the Risk and Compliance team will contact you. Please be prepared to provide a copy of the official police report and, if the device was encrypted, evidence of the encryption (you can get this from your department IT support staff.