1. What are intramural sports?
- Intramural sports include a number of organized recreation sports that are open to students, faculty members and alumni! Intramural sports will either consist of league play or tournament play.
2. What should I wear?
- Wear athletic gear (i.e. athletic shorts, t-shirts ) and close-toed athletic shoes. Avoid wearing jeans, pants with belt loops, jewelry, dress shoes, flip flops, etc.
3. What if I don’t have a team?
- You can sign up as a free agent and wait for another team to pick you up or reach out to team’s directly and request to join their team.
4. Do I need to know how to play?
- No experience is needed! EVERYONE of all fitness levels are welcome to participate.
5. Where do I find the rules for intramural sports?
- The rules can be found on the IMLeagues sports homepage. They can also be found in the tabs below labeled as “Handbooks" and "Rulebooks”.
6. What sports are offered?
- Here at CU Denver, we offer a variety of sports! This past fall we offered volleyball and fantasy football (online). In the spring we offered sports like basketball, futsal, and dodgeball.
7. Why is the sportsmanship rating important?
- Sportsmanship rating helps to determine playoffs seeds and if a team is eligible for playoff play. All teams will start with 5.0 rating at the beginning, if a game is forfeited (and team has reached out to Intramural Sports Staff) then the team will
receive a 3.0 rating. Failure to alert the staff during a forfeit will results in a 1.0 rating.
8. What is the difference between Intramural and Club Sports?
- Intramural sports are open to all skill levels and more focused on the fun aspect of participating in an activity you enjoy. Club sports are competitive and teams practice at least twice a week and tryouts may be required. Club sports compete against