The Experiential Learning Center (ELC) is your gateway to highly
motivated CU Denver interns. We serve as the university’s central point
of contact for both students and employers, and are committed to making
each internship a valuable experience for all parties.
Our Services to You Include:
- Providing assistance in designing quality internships that are both desirable to students and beneficial to your organization
- Advertising and promoting your opportunities through Handshake (our online database) and directly to faculty, students, and student organizations free of charge
- Retaining position descriptions in our database free of charge without quantity limits
- Troubleshooting any problems or issues that may arise with an internship placement
- Conducting site visits to better understand your organization’s needs and internship opportunities
- Promoting your opportunities to students and faculty
- Providing internship evaluations and tools to track students’ work hours
Benefits of Hosting an Intern
- Increase productivity. Access a year-round source
of highly motivated pre-professionals who are ready to put their
knowledge to work. Meet staffing needs for short-term projects.
a fresh perspective. Interns approach projects with enthusiasm and will
often provide fresh insight into projects, products or processes.
- View potential employees in action. Internship
programs provide the opportunity to observe potential candidates’
performance before hiring. You can assess their "fit" with your
organization and receive a preview of their abilities.
- Enhance supervisory skills of your staff. Mentoring
interns can help your staff develop leadership and management skills
that can enhance teamwork and efficiency on other projects.
- Cut down on recruitment costs. Hiring interns that
have an established history with your company can reduce your training
and recruitment costs. 77% of interns who are offered a full time job
after graduation accept the job offer.
- Retain talent. Research indicates that students who
are hired full-time after completing their internships are more likely
to stay with the organization for longer periods of time.
- Word of mouth marketing can help your organization
gain a presence on campus and develop relationships and potential
collaborations with CU Denver faculty.