Introduction to Accessible Forms
In this hands on workshop, participants use Microsoft Word and/or Google Docs in conjunction with Adobe Acrobat Pro to prepare and create forms accessible to assistive technology users. Following the training, participants will have the chance to submit a document to instructors for individualized feedback.
- State agencies and local governments who need to comply with state and national accessibility regulations
- Organizations that want to create inclusive and accessible materials
- Apply recognized accessibility standards (e.g., WCAG)
- Utilize best practices in preparing forms in Word and Docs for conversion to PDF
- Configure form fields in Adobe Acrobat Pro, incorporating proper labeling and descriptive tooltips for each field.
- Establish an effective tab order for form fields
- Tag the PDF document appropriately
- Use Acrobat accessibility tools and methods to test and validate the accessibility of PDF forms
- Submit the accessible PDF form for feedback
Participants should be comfortable with the skills learned in:
Participants should attend on a computer with the following programs installed:
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Acrobat Pro