Ethnic Diversity Committee (EDC)
The Ethnic Diversity Committee (EDC) reviews policies and practices, evaluates, and recommends policies affecting minority faculty and students.
EDC Scope and Goals
- Develop annual goals, review and revise past goals, and discuss, develop, and implement long-term goals; all goals should guide and rationalize the committee’s purposes as specified in the Bylaws of the Faculty Assembly.
- Recommend or develop policies, programs, or activities for Assembly and administrative bodies that help create and maintain a vibrant academic environment for faculty, staff, and students.
- Evaluate policies, activities, and programs that fall within the committee’s purview; these evaluative processes should be carried out collaboratively with academic-community bodies and members of the community potentially affected by such evaluations.
- Consult with other committees of Faculty Assembly on matters related to the committee’s purview, policies, and activities.
- Review and assure that policies and procedures related to the committee’s purview are fair and applied fairly to faculty.
- Help develop and monitor programs and policies that support the achievement of the committee’s goals.
- Help develop, enhance, and evaluate support networks and necessary services for faculty that affect the implementation and review of policies that fall within the committee’s purview.
- Assure that students and programs are well represented in campus policies on and procedures relative to the purview of the committee.