Committee on the Status of Women (CSW)
The Committee on the Status of Women (CSW), reviews policies and practices, evaluates and recommends policies affecting women faculty and students on the CU Denver Campus.
Scope and Goals
- Develop annual goals, review and revise past goals, and discuss, develop, and implement long-term goals; all goals should guide and rationalize the committee’s purposes as specified in the Bylaws of the Faculty Assembly.
- Recommend or develop policies, programs, or activities for Assembly and administrative bodies that help create and maintain a vibrant academic environment for faculty.
- Evaluate policies, activities, and programs that fall within the committee’s purview; these evaluative processes should be carried out collaboratively with academic-community bodies and members of the community potentially affected by such evaluations.
- Consult with other committees of Faculty Assembly on matters related to the committee’s purview, policies, and activities.
- Review and assure that policies and procedures related to the committee’s purview are fair and applied fairly to faculty.
- Help develop and monitor programs and policies that support the achievement of the committee’s goals.
- Help develop, enhance, and evaluate support networks and necessary services for faculty that affect the implementation and review of policies that fall within the committee’s purview.
- Assure that programs are well represented in campus policies on and procedures relative to the purview of the committee.