Sitefinity September ReleaseKali Karakasidou | Office of Information Technology Sep 25, 2019
🔥Hot release of the month🔥
Facts & Figures Widget
Have you been waiting to add infographics to your site? You’re in luck! To up-level the capabilities of our CMS, we have released a new widget that will give users the ability to highlight individual facts and statistics on their site. This widget will consist of multiple highlight cards and will include the ability for each card to link to another page on the site or to an external page. You can get more information on about this widget here: https://www.ucdenver.edu/atweb/learnsitefinity/widgets/facts-and-figures-widget
Escape Button for Center of Domestic Violence
To support the Center of Domestic Violence’s transition to Sitefinity, we have built an “escape button” that when added to a page, and then clicked upon, the button the button would open a new tab and change the old tab to weather.com, all in an effort to help hide the user’s browsing history.
Research Admin Content Type
To support the Research Admin transition to Sitefinity, we have created three content types that will intuitively walk site visitors through the lifecycles for lab, animal, and human research.
Tertiary/Inverse Call To Action buttons
We've released a third style of a Call to Action, CTA and Content Block CTA buttons that is simply just the inverse of our Black- and Gold-filled Call to Actions. Using this Call to Action in conjunction with your primary one will give more emphasis to your primary Call to Action. A great use case for this Call to Action is when you have “Apply Now” and “Learn More” Call to Actions right next to each other. To see this new style, go to https://www.ucdenver.edu/atweb/learnsitefinity/widgets/call-to-action.
To support user navigation through Sitefinity sites, we’ve updated which page elements are capitalized vs. Sentence case. This is important because these standards will give a clear sense of direction to the primary and secondary pages of the site for visitors. Elements that stay capitalized are the main navigation bar and its sub options. Elements that are now sentence case are: site name, associated department, hero carousel/image/video (header, subtext, CTA), breadcrumbs, and left nav.
Auto download documents upon clicking “download”
In document thumbnails, there are two links. The first link is on the title of the document and the second link is called “Download.” This enhancement ensures that when a user clicks on “Download,” the document would be automatically downloaded, instead of previewed in a new tab (as it did previously).
Mobile web treatment of images
Upon the request from the Office of Digital Education, we’re now allowing site builders to set an image width of their choice so that the image can appear as desired on mobile web pages instead of scaling up to 100%.
Anchor nav moving to the right of the page
Some site builders would like to know how to achieve an anchor navigation menu on the right column of a page while still maintaining a main side navigation on the left. Instructions for how to achieve this can be found here: https://www.ucdenver.edu/atweb/learnsitefinity/widgets/anchor-widget/adding-anchor-navigation-to-the-right-column-of-a-page.
September’s release is addressing the following bug fixes:
- Data import scripts that bring in authoritative data into Sitefinity for various content types.
- On very large monitors, there was a pixel gap between global and local headers.
- Arrows on the FAQ Groups and Anchor List view were overlapping text in the page editor
- People detail accordions wouldn’t open if there were other detail people views with other accordions
- The “vertical media top clickable” enhanced card view moves the image from left to center on hover
- In the R&CP and People widgets, there was HTML leftover when content was deleted.
- Hero card for R&CP was not containing images in editing experience
- Links in numerous people views are breaking out of container.
- Some padding was added on some enhanced card views to improve UI.
Sites launched this month
Congratulations those who launched their new sites in Sitefinity this month!
- Division of Medical Oncology - https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/medical-oncology
- CoPARC - https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/coparc
- ASPEN - https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/aspen
- Physical Therapy - https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/physical-therapy-program
- Linda Crnic Institute - https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/linda-crnic-institute
- RetroPath2020 - https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/retropath2022
- CCTSI - https://www.cuanschutz.edu/cctsi
- CU Innovations - https://www.cuanschutz.edu/cu-innovations
Please view this presentation to learn more about our upcoming roadmap!