Adding an anchor navigation menu to the right column of a page
The following instructions will allow site builders to achieve having an anchor navigation menu in the right-hand column of the page while keeping the main side navigation menu in the left-hand column of the page.
- First, ensure that you are using the proper page layout:
- When creating a new page, select page template option four, enter all other properties and click create and add content to this page.
- For an existing page, start in the editing interface and click layout in the top right-hand corner and change the entire template to option four.
- Once you are in the correct template, you will use a grid widget to complete the layout:
- For new pages, click layout in the top right-hand corner of the page. If you were editing an existing page, you are already in the appropriate area.
- Find “grid-4+8” and drag and drop it into the wide column content area.
- Your page layout should look like this:
4. On the top right hand side of your page, click the content tab to get back to your content widget list. Your page should now look like this:
5. Drag the side navigation widget over to the Column 1 content area. PLEASE NOTE: the navigation Items here are managed in the "Title and properties" of the page, not in the navigation widget itself.
6. From here, you will setup you anchor navigation as normal. If you choose create a anchor navigation menu, it will automatically populate in the narrow column on the right.