Schedule of Student Deadlines
It is never too early to meet with the Office of Global Education to discuss your interest in or plans for studying abroad. Schedule An Appointment.
In general, we recommend meeting with an advisor no later than one semester prior to going abroad.
CU Denver Global Study Programs
- Deadlines vary by program; we recommend that you frequently check the program page for any changes in application deadlines. For more information on applying to Global Study programs, please Get Started.
Third-Party Programs (Non-CU Denver Programs)
- You will need to be mindful of two different deadlines: the program provider’s deadline, and the Office of Global Education’s deadline. For more information on applying to third-party programs, please find out
How To Apply.
Independent Student Travelers
- It is recommended that you contact the Office of Global Education at least three months prior to your planned departure date. Actual deadlines will vary. For more information on applying for an independent international opportunity, please
TIP: We recommend that any student considering studying abroad apply for or renew a passport as soon as possible, even if you are not 100% sure that you will study abroad. Acquiring a passport can be a lengthy process, and it is best to give yourself
ample time in order to avoid any possible delays or complications.
- Winter Office of Global Education Travel Grant application (Sept 24)
- Winter Global Study Program application (Oct 1)
- Spring Semester in Beijing Program application (Oct 15)
- Spring Semester in Beijing Travel Grant application (Oct 15)
- Winter and Spring Third-Party Programs, OGE application* (Nov 1)
- Spring Office of Global Education Travel Grant application (Nov 7)
- Summer Internship Programs Abroad application (Jan 10)
- Maymester/Summer Office of Global Education Travel Grant application (Jan 31)
- Maymester/Summer Global Study Program applications (Feb 20)
- Summer Third-Party Programs, OGE application* (April 1)
- Fall Semester in Beijing Program application (April 15)
- Fall Semester in Beijing Travel Grant application (April 15)
- Fall Third-Party Programs, OGE application* (July 1)
*Students applying to third-party programs must also adhere to deadlines set by the third-party provider. These are often much earlier than the Global Education application deadlines.