Updated CMS Login SystemAug 26, 2020
We have recently updated our CMS login system with the most up to date methods of authentication recommended by our Identity Management team. Now when builders first login using the "CMS Login" button at the bottom of a page, they will see a Pencil menu on the upper right-hand side of the page instead of being automatically directed to the Dashboard. This feature was previously unavailable on the cuanschutz.edu domain.
This update will also improve the building experience in a number of ways:
- Site builders will experience an improved Sitefinity form editing and publishing experience
- Builders can now login on their own website domain instead of ucdenver.edu and receive the “Pencil menu” on their own pages.
- Builders can still easily access their dashboard by click the Pencil menu and selecting the Dashboard option to proceed to the backend.
- Sitefinity Dashboard now runs on a site builder’s own domain instead of just ucdenver.edu.
- Page editing experience now occurs on the builder’s own domain instead of ucdenver.edu, this will bypass many of the sweeping redirect issues that have occurred in July and August
- This change clears the upgrade path for Sitefinity, which was blocked by the older method of logging in
Things to note:
When changing between domains, builders will need to log out and login as accounts can only login on one domain at a time. You will receive a page that prompts you to logout before you can continue to the new domain:
Inline content editing, also known as 'Edit Content" will be temporarily unavailable in the Pencil menu. You will still be able to use the "Edit Page" function for normal page and content type editing: