Sitefinity releases - June 20, 2018Jun 21, 2018
Hero image widget
- Fancy scrolling is now an option for hero images. Use this feature by checking the box titled “turn on parallax image scrolling” in the widget editor. See the Hero Image widget in action.
- There is now an option to add a second line of text in the local header to include a parent department, sponsor or partnership. A usage guide will be coming soon.
- The campus mark (CU in the City) field has been added to right side of the local header area for use on CU Denver critical path pages. This will be managed by administrators and will only show on appropriate pages within the website.
People content type/widget
- An additional field has been added for a “web friendly job title” to replace the official job title from the HR system, HCM when needed. We found that the job titles pulling from HCM are being cut off at 30 characters. As a result, the titles were inaccurate when displayed in the People content type.
- There is a new option to display a full profile view of an employee.
- Meta tags were updated to work with searchblox (our internal university search). If a visitor searches on our website, there is now a special filter to tag “people” under “types of content”, which will relate to any biographies on our websites in Sitefinity.
Improved editing experience
- The font size drop-down is now available when editing content blocks. This allows editors to make text larger without the use of heading tags. Heading tags should be used to prioritize important information, not solely to make text larger.
We have a commitment to meeting and exceeding accessibility standards for our website. As part of our continuous improvement model, we have made the following improvements to accessibility in Sitefinity. Learn more about ensuring your website is accessible.
- The color of the breadcrumb has been updated to increase the color contrast and improve visibility.
- Clearer ARIA roles have been added to the top, side and breadcrumb navigation views.
- A warm-up module has been implemented to cache pages so that a visitor’s first visit to a Sitefinity page is not delayed by caching.
- All WebDAM library references have been removed which was slowing down the image selector in Sitefinity.
Dynamic people, users, buildings and departments
- To keep up with new users, buildings and departments, there is a now a way to dynamically import data to replace a manual spreadsheet process. This will save time by automatically checking the last updated date to determine if a record needs to be created, updated, removed or skipped. The schedule for these imports is TBD. In the meantime, this service can be run on request.
- The sitemap.xml feature has been enabled to allow for increased search engine optimization (SEO) tuning. Learn more about increasing SEO.
- The animation of accordions and tabs has been fixed on all sites and page templates. When the navigation setup was moved from a widget to a setting in page properties, it affected how jQuery was delivered to a page which resulted in the animation not working for accordions and tabs.
- CMS login loop fixed. Users will no longer get stuck in the login loop from logging into more than one browser at a time. Instead, the old browser will be logged out and the new browser session will be logged in.
Categories: @Web | Tags: bug fix content block widget Content Management System people widget release notes Sitefinity