Sitefinity June 2020 ReleaseKali Karakasidou | Office of Information Technology Jun 24, 2020
We’re thrilled to share that after almost a year of planning, designing, developing, and testing, the time has come for us to launch the CU Denver Student Journey Web Experience (CUD SJWE)! As most of you know, CUD SJWE will launch this weekend and will encompass a redesigned central University main site, new student services microsites, and a domain change to www. for ucdenver.edu. For more information on this launch and how it could potentially impact your sites/pages, please visit this AtWeb page.
As for our June Sitefinity code release, much of our work was focused on preparing for the launch and our team will be heads-down this upcoming weekend to make sure it goes smoothly. Below is an overview of the code-related work we’ve focused on this sprint to prepare for the launch:
- For all CUD SJWE sites, ensure sitemaps are regenerated daily so Google can index fresh content.
- Add University-specific microdata to CUD SJWE sites.
- Write Google Tag Manager tags and events for recent widgets (includes checklist phases, checklist steps, contact content type, facts & figures, CTA in header, audience navigation, related links).
- Embed Sharepoint cost calculators onto CUD SJWE Sitefinity pages.
- Test & embed Academic Program Finder widgets onto core CUD SJWE pages.
In addition to the CUD SJWE work, the following items were also addressed in this month’s release:
- Reverted to showing breadcrumbs in mobile web, despite the fact if you’re using side navigation or not
- Padding fixes in local header navigation CTAs
- Custom People list import for Colorado School of Public Health (people from UNC and CSU)
- Custom Directory build for Colorado School of Public Health
- Custom interactive content type for CU Anschutz Research Administration
- Made campus box field editable in the People content type
- Updated button radius to 3px for our black CTA
Lastly, the following bugs were addressed in this month’s release:
- People accordion color correction in CSPH theme
- Styling fixes for event templates
- Stop text wrapping on length of text CTAs with icons
- If linking to a page using the image widget, the multi-site path is not considered and the link breaks
- Articles with an ‘open in a new window’ link indicator is not actually opening in a new window
- Small global header improvements
- Navbar toggle disappears from 992-996 screen width