Sitefinity March 2021 Release Notes
New enhancements + bug fixesKali Karakasidou | Office of Information Technology Mar 31, 2021
- Custom Localist Widget: to support the new University Events Calendar solution, we have built a custom Localist widget that you can use to embed your events from Localist to Sitefinity. To learn more about how to do this, please visit this AtWeb guide.
Enhancements to Current Functionality
- Side Navigation titles: in effort to improve user navigation across our sites, we have added the ability for site builders to select if they want to show a title in the side navigation or not. To learn more about how to do this and the logic for each selection, please visit this AtWeb guide.
- Web Biography: this release encompasses numerous enhancements to the web biography widget, including the addition of Admin Unit, the hiding of the 2nd research website link on the detail view, and a few color adjustments for the ColoradoSPH template.
- Facts & Figures: we have immensely improved the capabilities of the Facts & Figures widget, now providing you with better and more advanced layout options. To learn more, please visit this AtWeb guide.
- Advanced Hero Carousel: we have added the "advanced mode" that is available in the hero image to the hero carousel, allowing you to better customize the design of your carousel. To learn more, please visit this AtWeb guide.
- Title & Properties Redesign: to improve site builder user experience when creating a page and editing its properties, we have redesigned the IA of this page.
- Key Dates: with this release, site builders are now able to show and display tags for each key date.
- A-Z content type: to support the final phases of the Sharepoint > Sitefinity transition, we have created a content type to rebuild the A-Z list in Sitefinity.
- Research & Creative Projects: we have added a new detail view template called "RCP detail - small image" for those who prefer a smaller image on the detail view of RCP.
Upcoming Priorities - Q2 2021
OIT's Web Services & DevOps' team priorities in Q2 of 2021 include three major strategic initiatives:
- Search + filtering functionality on selected content types + widgets
- Upgrade our CMS instance from V12 to V13
- Continue working on budget approval + requirements for the replacement of Enterprise Search
As a reminder, all feature requests and smaller projects other than the ones listed above are located in our Public Roadmap. You'll be able to see status and priority labels assigned to each item on our near-term roadmap on this page.