Preparing for remote, hybrid, and on-campus working, learning, and teachingAug 12, 2021
As we prepare for the fall 2021 semester, there are essential tasks that can be completed to ensure your technology resources are up to date! Check to see if your laptop or desktop computer is configured with the latest software and updated operating systems to optimize performance. Gain hands-on experience and guidance from OIT’s audiovisual experts to make the most of the technology in classrooms and conference rooms. Confirm your password is current. The following is a suggested checklist:
- OIT has a table of recommended device and system operating systems for improved functionality. Visit the CU Secure and MFA webpage for more details about supported devices and the use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) with campus resources.
- MFA using Duo Security is required whether on-campus or off-campus. OIT highly recommends using the Duo Mobile app on your cell phone and selecting the Duo Push option for authenticating – it is a quick and easy method. Authentication with Duo is required for:
- GlobalProtect VPN
- Microsoft 365 applications including Outlook for university email (initial use and then every 90 days when using the desktop applications)
- Employee and student portals
- VMWare Horizon remote desktop
- Be sure you have your username, password, and device for multi-factor authentication handy for accessing university resources. Just need to reset your password? You can easily reset or update your password using one of several options including text message, email or by answering challenge questions.
- Need audio visual (AV) support for your classroom or conference room? OIT AV experts are hosting drop-in open labs to provide guidance to make the most of the AV technology and answer questions.
- CU Denver faculty and staff can drop by one of the two AV Open Labs available on Tuesday, August 17 and Wednesday, August 18.
- CU Anschutz Medical Campus faculty and staff can drop by one of the AV Open Labs available on Monday, August 16 and Monday, August 23.
- Time and room information for the AV Open Labs is available on the OIT Technology Training and Events webpage.
- Planning a hybrid meeting? OIT’s Technology Support Services team offers a suite of services for hosting and virtually staffing and supporting Zoom webinars and meetings. Information about scheduling Zoom on-campus support is available in the EMS Web App: Zoom Webinars or Zoom Meeting Hosting and Support document.
- Watch the EMS Room and Resource Scheduling System YouTube tutorial video for general information about using the EMS Web app.
- Learn more about Zoom best practices, enabling Zoom features and guidelines on how to use Zoom, on the OIT Zoom webpage or Zoom Support page.
- Need an alternative to Zoom? Microsoft Teams live events is available for all university staff, faculty, and students. Live events provide similar functionality to a Zoom Webinar and does not require any additional cost to use. Visit the OIT Microsoft Teams site for more information.