Sitefinity November 2020 Release Notes
New features, enhancements, and bug fixesKali Karakasidou | Office of Information Technology Nov 23, 2020
Enhancement/Feature of the Month: Navigational Updates
After speaking with various schools + colleges within our University and conducting some user testing, enhancements that follow were identified as room for improvement in our navigational components.
- Breadcrumbs: UI change to the carrot to be backwards; on mobile web breadcrumbs now start with “Back To” and then show the parent page to make the interaction clearer.
- Side Navigation on MW: Drop-down changed from “Additional Navigation” to “In This Section”; small UI tweaks
- Page Properties: social sharing tags (aka “OG tags”) are now not going to inherit down anymore since this is not be the best SEO practice. Please make sure to double check any pages you might have pulled in tags as inheritance and update them.
- Newsroom enhanced bullets: bullets in the newsroom are now automatically indented, wrap correctly, and have been enhanced to support 4-levels deep of bullets in a standard way.
Custom Content Types/Custom Theme Updates
- Colorado School of Public Health Theme: updated alt-text for logos, updated Key Dates link color to be brand-matched, and hid gold-themed options in color drop downs.
- Policies Content Type: added keywords to the list template.
Web Biography Work
- Continued development work of the new content type
- Back-end work to prepare for content type data migration
- We are still tracking good for February release!
- Search pages’ extra CSS is now gone, thereby not interrupting the header alignment
- Removed extra padding from Events cards
- Fixed bullet lists wrapping on mobile web, in Firefox.
Categories: @Web |