Sign Up for Emergency Technology Alerts on StatuspageMimi Cohen Dell Sep 20, 2022
New software for emergency technology outage alerts
Visit cu-anschutz-denver-oit.statuspage.io to subscribe!
In August, OIT rolled out a new software for emergency technology outages. OIT Statuspage is an email and phone messaging system to alert students, staff, and faculty of any system outages. When you sign up, be sure to click both the envelope tab for email notifications and the phone icon tab for text messages. Statuspage allows you to customize your notification options so when you subscribe you can choose what messages and notifications you receive so that you are only contacted with information relevant to you.
To sign up:
- Go to OIT Statuspage (cu-anschutz-denver-oit.statuspage.io), click Subscribe to Updates and select the email and phone icons, then enter your information.
- Subscribe to individual services (called components), depending on your needs and campus affiliation.
- Not sure what some of the services mean to you? Click the question mark after the name of the service for a brief description.
- Email notifications will be sent when OIT creates, updates, and resolves an incident.
- Text messages are only sent to notify subscribers that there is an incident and a second text when the incident is resolved (only 2 texts).
- View updates directly from the OIT Statuspage including information about past performance by clicking the Incident History link located at the bottom of the page; you can even filter your preferred services (components) such as potential outage information about Canvas, as an example.
- The new Statuspage is also an embedded link in the System Status section on the OIT webpage; click on the text next to the system status battery and you will be routed to the OIT Statuspage.
As a reminder, underneath the System Status battery, there is a Planned System Alerts button to access information about planned maintenance work. This section is updated following the bi-weekly change advisory board meetings, giving you advance notice of any potential interruption of service that may affect your work. OIT also provides updates for service alerts, special initiatives, and helpful technology insights via our Twitter alerts at twitter.com/CUAnschutzOIT and twitter.com/CUDenverOIT. Follow us!