Want to display content from another site? RSS feeds are great for a detailed look at a site’s new content. This reader automatically updates to deliver the newest content right to your page.
NOTE: This is a reusable content type widget, which means it is dependent upon content you've first created as a content type from the dashboard menu.
1. Start by going to your resource site and obtaining the RSS feed URL. Be sure to note if the site is Wordpress at this time. Use these instructions if you need to generate a PubMed RSS feed.
2. Go to the Content Tab in the dashboard and click "RSS Feed Reader".
3. Give the feed a title and paste the URL in the designated area.
4. Select a sorting option and whether the site is Wordpress, Other or PubMed.
5. Decide how many items should display and how often the feed should refresh, then publish. For those using PubMed, this will paginate the amount of items displayed; the total items available to display is the number set in PubMed.
6. Go to the page that needs the feed and drag and drop the RSS Feed Reader widget on the page.
7. Click edit and select the appropriate feed.
8. Select whether you would like to show the main RSS feed title on the page.
9. Choose if you want to add a "Show More" button to display more items.
10. Select a view. Please note: the suggested views for PubMed feeds are item title, item title summary and the PubMed card.
The video below will walk you through how to use the RSS feed reader:
Music: "Mutations" by Small Colin
From the Free Music Archive
You can create an PubMed RSS feed by completing the following steps.
1. Go to https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ and enter a search.
2. Your search results will populate. Click "Create RSS".
3. Leave the default name for your feed since the title is set within Sitefinity. Also, choose how many total items you would like in your feed. You can set how many of those items display at a time in the Sitefinity widget.
4. Click "Create RSS" and copy the generated RSS feed link. Now that you have the link, follow to rest of these steps starting at step 2.