At the School of Education & Human Development, our research is conducted together with schools and communities. We combine the School of Education Human Development's research expertise with that of practice-based experts at our partner schools and districts. Our faculty and doctoral students identify, assess, research and solve problems together. The result? SEHD students are able to learn directly from the professors and teachers who are innovating and redefining best practices in the field of education and mental health.
Our faculty members create dynamic classroom atmospheres and stimulating classroom and online discussions that will keep you engaged, enlightened and informed. We strive to offer our doctoral students teaching experiences as well.
Did you know?
- SEHD is at the forefront of the movement to use student outcomes to measure program effectiveness.
- Research apprenticeships are a major part of SEHD's doctoral students' reserach training.
- Our students have the opportunity to learn from numerous faculty members who are the go-to experts in their field.
- Our PhD in Education and Human Development has a new concentration area in Research, Assessment and Evaluation.
- SEHD is a campus leader in online and hybrid offerings as well as in the general integration of technology as a tool for supporting instruction delivery.
- Each year, we secure millions of dollars in external funding for research projects.
- Our faculty members' research spans a wide range of subjects including early childhood education, autism, multilingual education, assessment within STEM programs, fractions and the brain, the right to learn, cultural identities, counselor learning and development and mobile learning.