Skip to main content
Sign In

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How can I check on my application status?


Information regarding your exact application status will be sent via email within two weeks of the final application deadline.  Where we do make every effort to process applications early that come in prior to the deadline, communication regarding your status may arrive shortly after the application deadline depending on the size of the applicant pool.  Should you be missing any items at the time of processing, you will be given a window of time to submit missing materials in order to still be considered for the term for which you applied.


When I log into the portal it tells me that I am missing materials that I have already submitted.  Can you clarify this?


Please refrain from using the portal as an indication of your application status.

Your official application status will be communicated via email directly from the School of Education & Human Development as we have the most up to date, accurate information. 


How do I order and submit transcripts (electronically and hard copy)?

You will need to contact your institution to have an official transcript sent to us.  Typically this is done through the Office of the Registrar but could vary depending on the school or university. The preferred method to submit official transcripts is through a secured, electronic delivery system.  If your degree bearing institution has the ability to send official transcripts electronically, please have them sent to  For institutions not set up to do this, please have sealed, official transcripts sent to:

University of Colorado Denver

School of Education & Human Development

Attn:  Academic Services

CB 106, PO Box 173364

Denver, CO 80217-3364


How can I check to see if you have received my transcripts?


Receipt of transcripts will be verified at the time of processing.  Should transcripts appear to be missing, you will be notified of this when communications are sent regarding your application status.  At this time, you will be given the opportunity to resolve the issue in order to still be considered for the term for which you applied (assuming all other materials have been received).


What should I do if my institution doesn’t provide unofficial transcripts?


If obtaining an unofficial transcript is not possible, it is requested that you simply state this in a word document and upload this statement in the field designated for unofficial transcripts in the “upload document” section of the online application.


How do I submit GRE scores (only applicable for PhD and PsyD programs)?


GRE scores must be sent to the University of Colorado electronically by using our University code, 4875.  Please note it can take up to three weeks from the test date for official scores to be uploaded into our system.


To whom should I address my written statement (also referred to statement of intent or statement of purpose)?


Simply address your statement to the program faculty.  For example, if applying to the Counseling program address your statement, “Dear Counseling Faculty.”


My recommender states they have not received the link to submit their letter of recommendation. What should I do?


Upon submitting your application, the system should have sent all of your recommenders a link via email that is used to submit their recommendations.  If they state they have NOT received the email containing the link, they should first check their spam or junk folders.  If they state it is still not there, please email Graduate Admissions as soon as possible with the recommenders name and email address so they can resend the link.


What should I do if I need to change one of my recommenders after I have submitted the application?


If you need to change your recommender entirely from what you submitted originally with your application, you will need to email Graduate Admissions this information to Graduate Admissions.



What should I do if I have a technical problem while filling out the online application? (i.e. saving, uploading documents)

We are sorry that you are having difficulties. Please email Krystal Fox at


Who should I contact about non-technical questions?

Please email or call 303.315.6300.



CU Denver School of Education &
Human Development

1380 Lawrence St., Denver, CO 80204 | Map It

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.