Thank you for your interest in the Administrative Leadership and Policy Studies program at the University of Colorado Denver School of Education & Human Development. Admission to the ALPS licensing and MA/EdS programs is competitive. All applicants must hold at least a bachelor's degree and a teaching or special services license; we recommend approximately three years of post-licensure experience in the field of education.
The ALPS program seeks students who possess:
- High intellectual ability
- Strong academic backgrounds, and
- Clear leadership potential.
October 15 for spring semester (For Spring 2015, the Southern Metro Cohort deadline is 10/15/14, but the DPS Cohort deadline is 11/1/14)
March 15 for summer semester
May 15 for fall semester
Step 1. Prepare your materials. The School of Education and Human Development accepts all applications online. Please review the information below to prepare for the application process. Your application will include:
- Current resume or curriculum vita (please include all teaching and/or other educational certificates held and the state that issued them)
- Written Statement. See guidelines
- Electronic copy of most current teaching or special services license
- Three letters of recommendation. The recommenders are sent an email with a link to the recommendation form. When a recommender submits the form, we receive an email notifying us that a recommendation has been submitted on your behalf. The recommendation includes a space for your recommender to cut and paste their recommendation.
- One official transcript from every previous college/university attended.
Please submit transcripts from (a) institutions granting previous degrees and (b) institutions from which courses have been taken that you wish to transfer into the program. Transcripts should be issued to you, collected by you, and subsequently sent to the School of Education & Human Development in the original, unopened envelopes. Instructions on where to mail transcripts are provided in the application.
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE)/Miller Analogy Test (MAT) scores (if applicable)
GRE/MAT scores are not required for this program if your undergraduate GPA is greater than 2.75, if you have 24 hours of graduate level coursework (not post-baccalaureate) at 3.0 or above, or if you already hold a graduate degree. If you are taking the GRE, the code number for CU Denver is 4875. The scores will be sent electronically to CU Denver.
- $50 application fee for domestic students, $75 application fee for international students (paid via credit card, e-check or by mailing in a check)
Step 2. Submit your application. Your application must be submitted online. Please visit the link below to set up your user name and password to access the online application.
Once you complete the new user registration, you will receive the following two emails from email@example.com:
- The first email contains your password for record and verification purposes.
- The second email contains your username for record and verification purposes.
Step 3. Monitor your email. All communication regarding the status of your application, questions we may have, as well as admissions decisions will be sent to the email address you provide to us.
An interview may be required as part of the admissions process. If so, applicants will be contacted with more details.
Please note: the ONLY items that we will accept as hard copies are official transcripts and paper checks. All other required materials must be submitted electronically within the online application
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org