Thank you for your interest in the Early Childhood Education program at the University of Colorado Denver School of Education & Human Development. Our next application deadlines are Summer-February 15, Fall-April 15 and Spring-September 15.
MA Early Childhood Education program description
MA Early Childhood Education plus Early Childhood Special Education Specialist Licensure or Endorsement program description
Early Childhood Special Education Specialist Endorsement program description
Please download, print, and follow the materials below. We require that you submit all application materials in a single manila envelope to the School of Education & Human Development, Attention Jannette Noonan, 1380 Lawrence Street, 7th Floor, Campus Box 106, P.O. Box 173364, Denver, CO 80217. Please postmark your application by the deadline.
- Early Childhood Education Application Checklist
- Graduate Application Part 1
- In-state Tuition Classification Form
- $50 application fee
Check or money order made out to the University of Colorado Denver.
- Current resume or curriculum vita
Please include all teaching and/or other educational certificates held and the state that issued them.
- Written statement
- Online written response based on the School of Education & Human Development mission statement.
See above checklist for details; this requirement is in addition to the Written Statement.
- Three letters of recommendation for the MA program; two letters required for the Early Childhood Special Education Specialist endorsement program
Provide each recommender with a recommendation form. The forms and letters should be returned to you in original, unopened envelopes to include in your complete application packet. Letters should be from present or former employers, coworkers, etc. Recommendations should not be more than two years old.
- Photocopy of teaching certificate (if applicable)
- Two official transcripts from every previous college/university attended
Please submit transcripts from (a) institutions granting previous degrees and (b) institutions from which courses have been taken that you wish to transfer into the program. Transcripts are to be issued to you and should be submitted together in the original, unopened envelope with your application.
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE)/Miller Analogy Test (MAT) scores (if applicable)
GRE /MAT scores are not required for this program if your undergraduate GPA is greater than 2.75, if you have 24 hours of graduate level coursework (not post-baccalaureate) at 3.0 or above, or if you already hold a graduate degree. If you are taking the GRE, the code number for UC Denver is 4875. The scores will be sent electronically to UC Denver.
- Signed oath and consent form
- Completed fingerprint card *Unnecessary if copy of current Colorado teacher license or substitute license submitted.
- Money order or cashier's check* (no personal checks) for $39.50 made out to Colorado Bureau of Investigation. (Please include check in application packet. We will forward to CBI with fingerprint card.) *Not necessary if Colorado license submitted in place of fingerprint card.