Admission to the School Psychology program is competitive. Satisfying minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission. We seek applicants who exhibit high academic, personal and professional standards.
The admission committee is comprised of School Psychology faculty who use the admission criteria outlined below to make admission decisions. Admission decisions are made only after reviewing the materials as a whole. No single element (such as GPA) is the sole criterion for acceptance. Unfortunately, some qualified applicants will not be admitted. Applicant numbers are expected to exceed the program limit.
Should an applicant be denied admission, he or she may reapply the next year.
All applications must be submitted online.
December 1st - Fall (August start)
The deadline date is very firm; it is not a "soft" date. All application materials must be submitted by the deadline. If possible, please submit your completed application well before the deadline date. This will allow enough time to confirm that your application is complete and will prevent missing materials from delaying your admission.
Admissions Interviews: Top candidates will be invited for an on campus interview to be held on February 8, 2019. An optional social gathering will be held on the evening of February 7 for applicants invited to the interview. Details to follow.
Step 1. Prepare your materials. The School of Education & Human Development accepts all applications online. Please review the information below to prepare for the application process. Your application will include:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae (please include all mental health, teaching and/or other educational certificates or licenses held and the state that issued them)
- Written statement. Guidelines available on the application webpage
- Three letters of recommendation - Letters should be from present or former professors/instructors, supervisors/employers, coworkers, etc. Recommendations should not be more than two years old. The recommenders are sent an email with a link to the recommendation form. When a recommender submits the form, we receive an email notifying us that a recommendation has been submitted on your behalf. In addition to the recommendation form, your recommender must upload an actual letter in the space alloted via the link that is sent.
- One official transcript from every previous college/university attended. Please submit transcripts from (a) institutions granting previous degrees and (b) institutions from which courses have been taken that you wish to transfer into the program. Transcripts should be issued to you, collected by you, and subsequently sent to the School of Education & Human Development in the original, unopened envelopes. Instructions on where to mail transcripts are provided in the application. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.2
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores within the last five years. The GRE is a general scholastic aptitude test that yields separate verbal and quantitative scores. A minimum score of 300 (verbal score + quantitative score) with an approximate score of 4 on the written portion is required for consideration as an applicant. When taking the GRE use the code number for CU Denver, 4875, to ensure scores will be sent electronically to CU Denver. GRE scores are required for the School Psychology program unless you already hold a Doctoral Degree.
- $50 application fee for domestic students, $75 application fee for international students (may be paid via credit card, e-check or by mailing in a check)
Step 2. Submit your application. Your application must be submitted online. Please visit the link below to set up your user name and password to access the online application.
Step 3. Monitor your email. All communication regarding the status of your application, admissions decisions, as well as any questions we may have will be sent to the email address you provide in your application.
Step 4. Scholarships. Now that you’ve applied to your program, please go to the Scholarship Portal to apply for scholarships! You will use the same credentials to log in as you used to apply.
Please note: The ONLY items that we will accept as hard copies are official transcripts and paper checks. All other required materials must be submitted electronically within the online application.
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org