Ready to explore your next chapter?
The CU Denver Change Makers program is designed for experienced professionals who are nearing or at the end of their primary careers and are navigating transitions in work and life.
Change Maker fellows have the unique opportunity to come to CU Denver for a semester to explore possibilities, reset, and renew their purpose.
Through expertly guided cohort discussions, seminars with practitioners, opportunities to audit CU Denver classes, and assistance identifying volunteer opportunities in a nonprofit or social enterprise, Change Maker fellows investigate areas of interest and growth
and develop an actionable plan for using their wisdom in a new, fulfilling context.
They’re making change – in themselves and in their communities.
Change Makers in the News
- "Older adults go back to college to learn how to retire,” MarketWatch, July 6, 2023
- "Retiring workers find new life through University of Colorado Denver program," Chalkbeat Colorado, June 26, 2023
- "Retirees seeking a second act turn to new adult education programs," Yahoo Finance, May 13, 2023
- "If retirement isn't your thing just yet, what about... college?" NPR Marketplace, March 24, 2023
- "Terri Harrington: A Super-Lawyer Goes Back to School," 4-Quarter Lives podcast, March 15, 2023
- "These colleges help older workers plot encore careers," Wall Street Journal, Feb. 17, 2023
- "CU Denver, other schools tailoring programs to meet needs, goals of aging population," Denver Post, Nov. 28, 2022
- "Next Chapter Matters," Forbes, Nov. 18, 2022
- "CU Denver recruiting inaugural 'Change Maker' Fellows," Denver North Star, Nov. 18, 2022
- "Old School: Midlife Transition Programs Take Off," Forbes, Sep. 28, 2022