Course Preparation Retreat
Jumpstart your spring semester planning. We are going to make it easy for you to plan ahead and create a student-friendly course to promote student learning. In this short winter faculty preparation course, we will provide you with hands-on support from our CETL Instructional Designers including,
- Create an effective and inclusive syllabus to guide your students and your instruction
- Refine your course learning objectives, align them to assessments and learning activities
- Plan your semester with inclusion in mind
- Connect, collaborate, and share ideas with other instructors
All sessions will be held virtually via Zoom, so keep your pajamas and slippers on!
Winter Course Preparation Retreat 2022
January 10th, 2022 - January 13th, 2022
The retreat is formatted with two structured workshop days and two independent workdays:
- Monday, January 10th, 9:00 am – 2:30 pm: Structured Workshop on Learning Objectives and Syllabus Design.
- Tuesday, January 11th: Independent Workday (Revising Learning Objectives and Syllabus)
- Wednesday, January 12th, 9:00 am – 2:30 pm, Structured Workshop on Inclusive Design and Teaching Practices.
- Thursday, January 13th: Independent Workday (Updating syllabus for inclusion and planning inclusive teaching practices for the upcoming semester)
During the Independent Workdays, there will be time to work 1:1 with an Instructional Designer.