Area residents who are sixty years of age or older may enroll at UC Denver on a no-credit audit basis without tuition.
Senior citizens may take any course listed in the Schedule of Courses, except:
- courses which require laboratory or special equipment use,
- computer courses,
- courses offered through the Division of Extended Studies.
Acceptance in class will be determined by the instructor based on space availability, and the previous level of education obtained by the senior citizen student. There is no limit to the number of courses a senior citizen may take.
Enrollment forms and the Schedule of Courses are available from the Office of the Dean of Students, Tivoli Student Union, Room 127, or call 303-556-3519.
- Attend the chosen class(es) during the first week of the semester.
- Have the instructor(s) sign the enrollment form.
- Return the completed form to the Office of Enrollment and Student Affairs.
- A senior citizen student is not required to take written or oral exams and/or submit written reports.
- A senior citizen is responsible for purchasing textbooks, supplies, or other materials.
- Grades or other forms of evaluation will not be kept by UCD. There will be no official file or transcript recording.
A form of identification indicating age or birth date will be requested.
Senior citizen students are NOT eligible for services of the Student Health Center.
Liability: Special Note
The University of Colorado at Denver will NOT be liable for damage or injury sustained by a senior citizen student resulting directly from participation in courses or presence in buildings owned or leased by the University, except to the extent of applicable normal liability insurance coverage.
For any additional information contact Bellverie Ross, Senior Citizens’ Program Coordinator at 303-556-3519 or stop by the Office of the Dean of Students, Tivoli Student Union, 900 Auraria Parkway, #127.