Update/add your cell phone number in the University’s Emergency Notification System
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus Emergency Notification System (ENS), provided for enrolled students, faculty and staff via Rave Mobile Safety, has transitioned to an OPT-OUTservice at both the University of Colorado Denver and Anschutz Medical Campuses.
Historically, this service has been an opt-in process in which registrants manually sign up for the service through the Rave Mobile Safety website. Chancellor Don Elliman has determined that this service automatically will be provided to all campus constituents upon hire or upon enrollment to the University. All employees and students automatically will receive emergency alerts and campus closure notifications via your university-issued email address.
Please follow the instructions below to go to the university employee portal to update your *cell phone contact information, so that you can receive important emergency alerts.
1. Log in at: https://portal.prod.cu.edu/UCDAccessFedAuthLogin.html and enter your universityassigned username and password. This will open the welcome page.
2. Click on the ‘CU Resources’ tab above the photograph. On the left-hand side of the screen, click
on the third bar down, “Employee Information”
3. Click “Employee Profile”
4. *Click “Change Phone Numbers” yellow button.
5. Check the existing phone number to make sure it is current or click the “Add a Phone Number”
yellow button. If you would like to add a new cell phone number, select “Cellular” from the dropdown list and add your phone number in the box to the right.
6. Click the “Save” button near the bottom of the screen. If your changes were successful, you’ll get a ‘confirmation’ message.
7. Click “OK”
8. You may update additional information in your portal (email addresses, pagers, home address, etc.).
Please note: If you have a pay-per-text cell phone plan, you may be charged a text fee for any alerts sent to your cell phone through the ENS. The University does send one ‘test’ message through the ENS each semester. You will not receive any other alerts/notifications unless there is an imminent threat to the campus(es) or its constituents, or for campus closures (due to weather closures or other incidents).
If you need additional help updating your portal information, please go to
http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/UniversityPolice/EmergencyPreparedness/EmergencyNotificationSystem/Pages/Faculty-and-Staff-update-informmation-Rave.aspx to obtain screen-shot, step-by-step instructions.
*The information you update in this process is separate from information you may have recently updated in the CU Denver E-Directory.
# # #