How to Move or Copy a Site to Another Location
Navigate and login to your site.
NOTE: You cannot copy/move a site into one of its sibling site (subsites).
- Click Site Actions, and then click Manage Content and Structure
- Locate the site you want to move or copy.
- Click the drop down menu to the right hand side of the site you want to move or copy.
- Select Move or Copy depending on your need.
- A smaller window will pop-up with a site tree.
- Click on the site that you'd like the moved or copied site to reside in.
- Wait a minute for the pop-up window to refresh (or reload - the screen should briefly flash).
- Click OK
- Copying may take several minutes. You will receive a screen that indicates that files are copying or moving.
- When the copying or moving process is complete, open the destination site and check to confirm that your new files or sites have successfully relocated.
NOTE: if you receive an error that says, "...this site cannot be copied or moved onto itself" this means you didn't wait for the pop-up window to refresh and the system does not know the new location you want to move or copy the site to. You'll need to repeat the process and wait for the pop-up window to refresh when you make your destination selection.