When I add a user to my permission group I get an error message.
If you are adding user to a SharePoint permission group using Internet Explorer 10, you may receive an error message. The error will look like this:
Server Error in ‘/’ Application, Namespace prefix ‘xsd’ is not defined
This is a bug that occurs between later versions of Internet Explorer, especially 10, and SharePoint 2010.
To work around this bug in Internet Explorer, you can follow these steps. You may also use other browsers to avoid this issue.
- In Internet Explorer go to the Permissions screen
- Press F12 on your keyboard
- A tool panel should appear across the bottom of your screen or in a new window.
- On the tool panel you will see two options
- Browser Mode
- Document Mode
- Set Browser Mode to Internet Explorer 8 or IE 10 Compatibility View
- Set Document Mode to IE 8 Standards
- The page will reload
You should now be able to administer permissions without any further error messages.