Users are unable to upload multiple documents using Upload Document in the Documents tab. The option either doesn’t work properly, or is disabled.
Use Open with Explorer in the Library tab to upload multiple documents.
You must be using Windows, and Internet Explorer 7, 8, or 9.
- Navigate to the web site in which you want to upload multiple documents.
- Click Sign In at the bottom, right of the web page, and sign in to SharePoint using your university user name and password.
- Click Site Actions, and then click Manage Content and Structure.
The Manage Content and Structure view (or back-end) of the web site view appears.
- Locate the folder in which you want to upload multiple documents (typically either documents or images).
- Point to the folder, click the drop-down, and then click Open Link in New Window.
A folder view with a Ribbon Toolbar along the top appears.
- On the Library Tools menu, click the Library tab.
- On the Connect & Export ribbon group, click Open with Explorer. Sign in if prompted.
A Windows Explorer window opens for the SharePoint images or documents folder you selected.
Note If your screen resolution is set at smaller size, or if your window size is not maximized, you may not see some of the buttons on the Ribbon. For the Open with Explorer; you will only see the Icon.
- A new Windows Explorer window will open it may ask you to log in. You will be able to drag and drop files into this folder.
- Open a separate Windows Explorer window, locate and select the files you want to upload, and then drag them to the Windows Explorer window for your SharePoint folder.
Your files have been uploaded to SharePoint.
- Hit refresh in SharePoint to see the new files you uploaded.
- Check the file(s) in.
- The viewable content in the ribbon changes based on ribbon size and resolution. If you want to see all ribbon content, maximize your window size, and/or increase your screen resolution.
- SharePoint will require you to sign in several times as you work through tasks to verify you have permission. Sign in whenever prompted to ensure successful completion of tasks.