Best Bets are search results. You submit Best Bets when you want specific links to appear at the top of the search results for a specific topic.
For example, say I want links to 3 specific online courses to appear at the top of the search results when users search "SharePoint Training." I submit a Best Bet form for the topic "SharePoint Training," and provide links to the 3 online courses I want to appear at the top of the search results.
For this form, you need to provide 3 pieces of information about the topic (keyword phrase), and 3 pieces of information about each link (best bet).
For the topic, you must provide the following:
- Keyword phrase (topic name)
- Keyword description (a brief summary of your topic)
- Synonyms (other terms users may use to search for your topic)
For the links you want to appear at the top of the search results (best bets), you must provide the following:
- Best Bet Title (link name)
- URL (a link to the page you want to appear at the top of the search results)
- Best Bet Description (a brief summary of the page)
You may provide up to 3 links, or best bets, for each topic (up to 3 links). You must provide the information above for each link.