In 2008, the Office of Academic Resources and Services (OARS) developed these mission and vision statements:
Mission: OARS advances the learning, discovery and service missions of the university by engaging our user communities to leverage and deploy technology, information, resources, expertise, and solutions.
Vision: OARS will be recognized by the faculty, students, and staff of the university and our peers as a premier innovation leader in collaborative learning design, technology solutions, and knowledge dissemination and translation.
The units comprising OARS operate under the following mission statements:
- ATEL Mission: We evaluate, design, develop, and deploy innovative technologies, web communications, information services, and programmatic solutions to extend the university’s reach and effectiveness, expand access, enhance services, and promote professional development.
- Auraria Library Mission: Auraria Library staff foster information discovery, support teaching and research, nurture creativity, and cultivate partnerships with community members. We promote intellectual growth and life-long learning on a diverse, urban campus serving faculty, students, and staff at the University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State College of Denver, and the Community College of Denver.
- Educational Support Services Mission: To facilitate effective educational interaction between faculty, staff and students through the provision of technical and logistical services.
- Health Sciences Library Mission: The CU Anschutz Medical Campus Health Sciences Library links people, reliable health sciences knowledge, and technology in support of effective learning, quality health care, vital research, and community service.
In OARS we value:
- Collaboration and approachability – We place a premium on service relationships and approachability. To achieve excellence, we enthusiastically collaborate with each other, and with the academic programs and constituencies served to leverage resources and expertise within a strong and reliable network of partnerships based on trust and achievement.
- Reliability and sustainability – We will strive to perform and maintain our high level of service in a consistent and dependable manner which is sensitive to available and future resources in both routine and unexpected circumstances.
- Mutual respect and diversity – We value the diversity of our talent, culture, background, and wisdom and recognize its contribution to our success. We strive to create a work environment that supports each individual’s ability to contribute and we value all perspectives for greater understanding, respect, and appreciation among those with whom we work.
- Excellence and customer service – We pursue excellence and customer service by anticipating, listening to, and analyzing the needs of our users and crafting responsive and effective solutions that resolve problems, improve performance, and instill confidence in us as service providers.
- Creativity and nimbleness – We encourage original thought and action and exceed expectations by working with faculty and staff throughout the university to realize their creative ideas. We believe in innovative activity and stand ready to interact nimbly, while accommodating the everyday needs of our community.
- Innovation and transformation – We harness technology, information, and expertise to enrich university teaching, learning, and research enterprises. We focus on emerging technologies and experimentation to anticipate faculty and student needs for creative and sustainable solutions with transformative results.
- Resourcefulness and adaptability – We value the application of our talents, skills, and abilities to deal promptly with complex situations. We adjust to new conditions and challenges.