After upgrading to Office 365, the skydrive service is changing for students.
After the upgrade, each user will have two accounts:
- An Office 365 account. This account is managed by the educational institution, and is used to access all Office 365 for education services.
- A personal Microsoft account. This account can be used to access existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, Zune, and Xbox settings. There are several important differences between the personal Microsoft account and the user's previous Live@edu account:
- The Microsoft account is now a personal account for each user.
- This account uses the same user name and password as the Live@edu account did.
- Note that this can be confusing for users, since they now have two accounts with the same user name
- Your personal Microsoft Live account, used to access SkyDrive and Messenger at https://skydrive.live.com/, that is now administered completely by Microsoft. Your Microsoft Live ID continues to be email@example.com and your Microsoft Live ID password will remain unchanged
- When you change your email account password in the future, it will not affect your Microsoft Live account’s password and vice versa
- Please note that brand new students will no longer receive a Microsoft Live account nor a SkyDrive, but they can still choose to sign up for a free personal Microsoft Live account through Microsoft if they wish.
- You will have the option to delete your personal Microsoft Live account through http://account.live.com/ by using the "Close Account" link, but be aware doing so will delete any files you have on your SkyDrive.
If you have any questions about skydrive, please contact the UCDenver IT Services Help Desk at 303-724-4357.