Beginning July 11, 2011, the University of Colorado Denver is upgrading to a new student email service. This service is part of Microsoft’s “Cloud” concept. Please go to http://ucdenver.edu/email and click on “Denver Campus Students” to learn about the transition.
Benefits to students include:
· Assigned student email accounts -- @ucdenver.edu -- will remain active for life
· 10 gigabytes of email storage and 25 gigabytes of free online storage
· Automated password-recovery capabilities
· For many students, their new account may appear to simply drop the @email designation
Action students must take by August 1, 2011:
· All students must activate their new university-issued email account at https://myaccount.ucdenver.edu/.
· Activation is easy and only takes a few minutes.
· During the activation process, students will be asked for information verifying their identity, and students will be asked to self-select five security questions enabling future changes to passwords.
· Effective August 1, 2011, students will be required to use their new student email to access records and course registration in the Integrated Student Information System (ISIS) and the Blackboard Learning Management System
What about forwarding:
To ensure students receive messages to their university-issued email, beginning August 1, all incoming email automatically will forward from students’ firstname.lastname@example.org to the students’ email@example.com account. For students who have forwarded their university account to a non-university account, any existing forwarding rules set by students in their university-issued email will be reset for their firstname.lastname@example.org account. Students wanting to forward their university account to a personal account (such as gmail, aol, me, etc.) can do so by setting up forwarding in the new LIVE@EDU system. Instructions on how to do so are at http://ucdenver.edu/email; click on “Denver Campus Students.”
What happens to saved email:
Students will have until October 1, 2011 to move emails stored in their @email.ucdenver.edu mailbox to the new @ucdenver.edu address using a simple tool provided in the upgraded email service. No action is required if students do not wish to move old email to the new mailbox.
Still have questions:
Please see the overview of this transition project at: http://www.ucdenver.edu/email and click on “Denver Campus Students” or please call the University of Colorado Denver IT Services Help Desk at 303-724-HELP (303-724-4357) and a technician will assist you.