We heard you!
After meeting with representative student groups from both campuses some exciting changes are coming to the UCDAccess (your student portal). As this change will happen on July 20th, we invite you to take a look so you can know what to expect next semester. We want you to know that we value the input of our students and welcome your suggestions and recommendations as we continue to develop UCDAccess in the future.
UCDAccess Portal Development Team
Student input sought
Portal Focus Groups – areas for improvement:
- Holds and 'To Do' tasks are conveniently located in the top left corner of the UCD Access welcome tab
- The 'Student Center' button is easily located in the top right corner of the page
- All student resources are in a centralized location at the top of the UCD Access page.
During spring 2012, the ISIS portal committee for the University of Colorado Denver|Anschutz Medical Campus conducted student focus group sessions on each campus about the usability of the student portal. What we heard in general was:
The portal pages were cluttered. Students use the portal to conduct business – for other things, they use the web site. The outcome: Focus portal content on transactions, and get rid of other information.
- Getting around the portal was hard. The outcome: Reduce the “number of clicks” when using the portal. Get in and out of transactions quickly. In particular, make it easy to register, pay the semester’s tuition and fee bill, view and accept financial aid awards, and apply for graduation.
- Include a way to see any holds or important tasks ('to do' list) quickly. The outcome: Create a summary of student service indicators/holds on a very visible spot on the student tab.