The University of Colorado has a long established practice of designating students as being on the Dean’s List based on their performance in the previous semester. CU Denver uses a fixed criterion across all colleges for determining eligibility for the Dean’s List. This policy applies to undergraduate students.
For fall and spring semesters, students must successfully complete nine (9) hours in the semester upon which the grade point average is determined. These courses can be both within and outside of the college. Pooled courses will not be included in the calculation nor will they count toward the nine (9) hours required for consideration. The GPA set for inclusion in the Dean’s List is 3.75.
For summer semesters, students must complete six (6) hours as a basis for inclusion in the Dean’s List. Course inclusion will be the same as in fall and spring semesters. The GPA for the Dean’s List in the summer semester will also be 3.75
The Registrar’s Office will calculate the semester GPAs for all students two weeks after the due date for semester grades. Those GPAs will be the basis for determining the Dean’s List. Incompletes will not be considered in the calculation of minimum number of hours. The Dean’s List will not be recalculated to include completed incompletes.
Spring 2014 Dean's List (pdf)
Fall 2013 Dean's List (pdf)
Dean’s List Scholarships
The College of Engineering and Applied Science will award up
to five scholarships each academic year to recognize outstanding
achievement. These scholarship funds are provided to the college by the
State of Colorado and are administered through the CU Denver Office of
Financial Aid. Scholarship amounts vary based on the funds provided by the
state. Students receiving financial aid who are awarded a Dean’s List
Scholarship may have their financial aid package adjusted.
To be eligible, student must:
- be an undergraduate student enrolled in a College of
Engineering and Applied Science degree program (declared major in the college).
- intend to graduate with a baccalaureate degree in the college (undeclared engineering students must declare a major;pre-engineering students are not eligible).
- have been named to the fall and spring semester Dean’s List
for the academic year immediately preceding the Dean’s List Scholarship award.
- have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in
their University of Colorado course work.
- be a resident of Colorado for tuition purposes.
- meet the state benefits eligibility requirements under HB
1023 (visit the Registrar’s website for more information on Colorado House Bill 1023).
- meet the requirements of the CU Denver Financial Aid Academic Standards Policy.
- not be in default on any student loan nor owe a repayment of
The scholarships are based solely on academic
performance. Students must meet all eligibility requirements to be awarded
the engineering Dean’s List scholarship.