The electrical engineering BSEE program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Electrical Engineering Undergraduate Program Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Electrical Engineering undergraduate program are to produce graduates who will within a few years of graduation:
- Advance professionally as productive, practicing engineers through the continued development of their technical capabilities and expertise.
- Further develop their knowledge, skill set, and career opportunities through graduate education in engineering and other fields such as business, medicine, and law.
Electrical Engineering Undergraduate Program Outcomes
The student who completes the electrical engineering program or the computer engineering program will have attained the following:
- (a) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- (b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- (c) an ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- (d) an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- (e) an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- (f) an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- (g) an ability to communicate effectively
- (h) the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- (i) a recognition of the need for, and ability to engage in, life-long learning
- (j) a knowledge of contemporary issues
- (k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Electrical Engineering Graduate Program Objectives
- to prepare professionals who can engage in advanced engineering design.
- To provide the advanced knowledge and training basis for individuals to pursue innovative research.
Electrical Engineering Graduate Program Outcomes
- (a) Ability to apply mathematical and scientific concepts and knowledge in solving complex problems.
- (b) Ability to apply course concepts in the analysis and solution of engineering problems.
- (c) Ability to perform engineering modeling and/or design.