What are the minimum degree requirements?
Coursework in primary and secondary areas of concentration: 30 units
Research/dissertation: 30 units
Total: 60 units
What is required for the admissions process?
- Application for admission
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two copies of all transcripts
- Processing fee
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Previous GPA above 3.0
- Personal statement of academic and research interests, including intended primary concentration within the host department. (This statement and concentration choice may either be written in a cover letter or written on the application form in Part 2, Item 6.)
Additional materials that are required in special cases
- International applicants are requried to submit TOEFL scores
- International applicants who do not have an M.S. earned in the U.S. are required to submit GRE scores
- Domestic applicants who only have a B.S. degree or fewer than 12 hours of transferable graduate-level coursework are required to submit GRE scores
- Host departments may have additional requirements regarding the GRE exam, please check the pages of each department for application requirements
Preferred minimum GRE scores are 150 Verbal, 153 Quantitative, and 3.5 for Analytical Writing for tests taken August 1, 2011 or later. For tests taken prior to August 1, 2011, preferred minimum GRE scores are 450 Verbal, 680 Quantitative, and 3.5 for Analytical Writing.
An applicant whose undergraduate language of instruction was not English should have a minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper-based test) or 250 (computer-based test).
International applicants must apply through the Office of International Admissions. The Office has a website at http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/internationalprograms/oia/internationaladmissions. For advising, contact the Office by email at email@example.com or by phone at 303-315-2230. You may also contact the Office by mail at the following address:
Office of International Affairs
University of Colorado Denver
Campus Box A005/185
P.O. Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364
Physical Address (courier):
1050 17th Street
Denver, CO 80265
What are the application deadlines?
For fall admission the deadline is March 1 for international applicants and April 1 for domestic applicants. For spring admission the deadline is September 15 for international applicants and October 1 for domestic applicants. No applications for summer admission will be accepted.
Where do I send the application materials?
Applications are to be completed online. Contact host department if issues arise.
Civil Engineering: 303-556-2871
Campus Location: North Classroom Bldg. Room 3027
Computer Science and Engineering: 303-556-4314
Campus Location: North Classroom Bldg. Room 2605
Electrical Engineering: 303-556-2872
Campus Location: North Classroom Bldg. Room 2615
Mechanical Engineering: 303-556-8516
Campus Location: North Classroom Bldg. Room 3502