Arts and Media Freshmen
Welcome College of Arts and Media (CAM) students and congratulations on being admitted to the first college in Colorado dedicated solely to the arts and entertainment! CAM freshmen work with a Success Advisor in the Center for Exploration & Advising throughout their first year at CU Denver. Once you have completed 30 credits or more and have a declared CAM major, you will be advised in the College of Arts and Media.
Arts and Media Undecided
CAM undecided students, regardless of the number of credits completed, are assigned also assigned to the Center for Undergraduate Exploration & Advising. We understand that there are a lot of exciting majors to choose from within the College of Arts and Media, so you may be a bit overwhelmed by your options. Choosing the right major is important for student success and our advisors are here to help you along your journey of self-discovery. Do note, however, that you cannot take courses in the Music or Film & Television programs until you are accepted into those majors.
Steps to researching and choosing a major:
- Research the CAM website. Look not only at the list of majors available, but also at the classes required for the majors that interest you.
- Speak to faculty members and advisors in the major departments that you are considering. Faculty are very passionate about their field and love talking to others about what they do.
- Meet regularly with your CUE&Ad advisor to talk about the programs you might be interested in, your academic goals and interests and your academic progress.
- Take tests and assessments offered by the Career Center that will help you get in touch with your interests, values, goals, etc.
- Research the career opportunities related to the majors that you are considering. You can do this by meeting with a success advisor, a career counselor and/or exploring online.