Until you have officially declared a major, advising is required each semester before you register. Call our office to schedule an advising appointment in advance to ensure early registration, which will help you get first pick of courses.
The Academic Success and Advising Center will be doing walk-ins only starting Monday, August 10th through Wednesday, September 2nd. Walk-ins will be seen between 8:30am and 12:30pm, as well as between 2:00pm and 4:30pm on a first-come, first-served basis. On Wednesdays we will also take walk-ins through 5:30pm. Please contact our office at (303) 315-1940 with any questions you may have.
Appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes for all continuing and prospective students, and one hour for all new freshmen and transfer students. Appointments are available during regular office hours and covers any topics that the student wishes. Appointments are required for incoming freshman and transfer students. All Academic Success and Advising Center students must meet with an advisor on a semester basis before being able to register.
Walk-ins are available Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm subject to advisor availability. Appointments are strongly encouraged to ensure guaranteed time with an advisor and are required for incoming freshmen and new transfer students. Walk-ins are for quick questions only. Each walk-in session lasts only 15 minutes, so if you have a detailed question or need a lot of information, please make an appointment.
Phone Advising Appointments
If you are an out of state student and are unable to come to campus for an appointment, phone advising is available to you during regular office hours.
Scheduling an Appointment
In order to schedule a phone appointment, please call our office at (303) 315-1940.
How to Prepare for a Phone Appointment
- Our staff will email you with instructions on how to prepare for your appointment.
- You must be online when you call in for your phone appointment because you will be directed to online resources.
- Prepare a list of questions or issues that you would like to discuss with your advisor.
- Have the advising sheets (under Degree Plans) in front of you during your phone appointment.
- Call your advisor at the pre-arranged time. Please remember to account for the time difference if you are outside of the Mountain Time Zone.