What do we do?
Our staff is dedicated to helping students successfully achieve their goals. We help students succeed at CU Denver by providing academic advising and programming for students who haven't declared or decided their major yet. We take a developmental approach to advising and expect the student and advisor to share the responsibility for advising.
What is a Developmental Approach?
Our advisors practice a developmental model of advising. This means we:
- Help you learn to make effective decisions
- Assist you in setting and attaining academic & career goals
- Recognize you have a life outside of school
- Explain and clarify university rules and requirements
- Help with course selection
- Make referrals to other services when needed
We have a director and professional advisors dedicated to helping students succeed:
It is our goal to help you select a major and to provide accurate and current information to assist you in getting into the degree program of your choice.
The primary purpose of the Academic Success and Advising Center at CU Denver is to assist students, through a system of shared responsibility between student and advisor, in the development of meaningful educational plans that will be compatible with career aspirations and contribute to the process of preparing for a life of change, challenge and individual fulfillment.