We provide academic advising to all undergraduate students who haven’t declared a major yet, including:
- Liberal Arts & Sciences Undeclared
- Arts & Media Undeclared
- Arts & Media Freshmen
All other students
All other students are assigned to advisors in their college advising office. Find your advisor if you have a declared major.
Prospective students and faculty/staff questions are always welcome!
Appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes for all continuing and prospective students, and one hour for all new freshmen and transfer students. Appointments are available during regular office hours and covers any topics that the student wishes. Appointments are required for incoming freshman and transfer students. All Academic Success and Advising Center students must meet with an advisor on a semester basis before being able to register.
To meet the needs of more students,
November 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017 ASAC advisors will only be seeing students on a walk-in appointment basis. Scheduled appointments will not be possible during this time.
Walk-ins are available during the following hours and are subject to advisor availability:
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Wednesday from10:00 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 - 4:00pm.
Friday 11:00 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
Appointments are strongly encouraged to ensure guaranteed time with an advisor and are required for incoming freshmen and new transfer students. Walk-ins are for quick questions only. Each walk-in session lasts only 15 minutes, so if you have a detailed question or need a lot of information, please make an appointment.
Phone Advising Appointments
If you are an out of State student and are unable to come to campus for an appointment, phone advising is available to you during regular office hours.
How to Prepare for a Phone Appointment
- Our staff will email you with instructions on how to prepare for your appointment.
- You must be online when you call in for your phone appointment because you will be directed to online resources.
- Prepare a list of questions or issues that you would like to discuss with your advisor.
- Have the advising sheets (under Degree Plans) in front of you during your phone appointment.
- Call your advisor at the pre-arranged time. Please remember to account for the time difference if you are outside of the Mountain Time Zone.