Skip to main content
Sign In
Continuing Education

Continuing & Professional Education

Degrees, certificates, licensures and professional development

Continuing and Professional Education program offerings through the Schools and Colleges at the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus include complete degrees, certifications, licensures, professional development, pre-collegiate outreach and personal enrichment.

Credit Programs

Continuing and Professional Education’ encompasses several premium degree programs as well as online programs for students residing outside of Colorado. You can complete an entire University of Colorado Denver degree & certificate program online (at a lower tuition amount than an ‘out of state’ rate).

Regardless of onli​ne or on-campus, all undergraduate and graduate degree programs require that you formally apply and meet the stated pre-requisites for each program.

Program Coordinator
Here’s a list of each school and college’s CPE/extended studies program contact. So if you have any questions about a particular program, you can contact that specific person and speak with them directly.

Undergraduate Degrees
Graduate Degrees

Business School

School of Education & Human Development

College of Engineering and Applied Science

College of Liberal Arts and Sciences

College of Nursing

Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences

School of Public Affairs

Global Education/Study Abroad


Pre-collegiate programs at CU Denver, known as CU Succeed Gold and Silver, offer juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school—and get a head-start on their future. CU Succeed Gold and CU Succeed Silver students engage in courses of the same academic quality and rigor as those taught at the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus.​

Frequently Asked Questions

The following list of frequently asked questions, should answer many of your questions regarding continuing and professional education. However, if you still have questions after reviewing this page please contact the Division of Continuing & Professional Education at 303-315-3700 or

What is the difference between Extended Studies and Continuing and Professional Education?

Basically, there is no difference. Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) encompasses all extended studies courses and professional development workshops held on or off campus. We call this branch of university services Continuing and Professional Education, but you may still hear it referred to as extended studies (or "D2") from time to time.

Where can I find a list of Continuing and Professional Education courses?

Multiple departments on campus offer Continuing and Professional Education courses. For a complete list of Continuing and Professional Education courses, go to From there, select "Course Listings." You will be redirected to the Academic Catalog. Click the link "Schedule of Courses" to access the Course Search tool. When setting your search criteria, you can select the "Extended Studies" campus to only view continuing education courses.

Can my Continuing and Professional Education courses be counted toward a degree?

Some Continuing and Professional Education courses may count toward a degree. Others will not. The program you want to transfer the credit into decides whether or not they will accept your Continuing and Professional Education credit. This means that while one program may accept your credit, another program may not. If this is a concern for you, it is best to check with an advisor prior to registering for courses.

Whom should I contact if I have questions about Continuing and Professional Education?

The best thing to do if you have questions is to contact the Continuing and Professional Education office in the department that is offering the course you want to take. For a list of departmental contacts, visit the Contact Us page.

For questions regarding the application process, transcripts, your student ID or general registration, contact the Office of the Registrar at 303-315-2600 or visit the Registrar's home page at

For billing questions, contact the bursar’s office at 303-556-2710.

If you need help finding the right person to talk to contact the Division of Continuing & Professional Education at 303-315-3700 or

Do I need to apply or can I just register for the course that I want?

Continuing and Professional Education students must submit a short, online application prior to registering. After applying, students will receive a student ID number that will be used to set up a UCDAccess Student Portal Account. Here students can register for classes, pay their bill, and order transcripts after completing a course. Detailed instructions for registration for Fall 2017.

Apply here for Spring 2018 term and all future terms


I don't know my Student ID.

If you have ever taken classes within the CU system, it is likely that you already have a Student ID number. The Office of the Registrar (303-315-2600) or your home department can check the system to see if you already have a record. *Keep in mind that you may be listed under a former name.

Instructions on how to access your university email account are available.

How much do Continuing and Professional Education courses cost?

The cost of Continuing and Professional Education courses varies greatly depending on course length, location, and the type of credit offered. Most CPE courses are offered off campus, and these are exempt from most student fees. CPE courses held on campus are not exempt from student fees, and are charged at a tuition rate that is comparable to main campus rates. Note that there are no residency requirements for CPE courses-all students in a given course are charged the same tuition and fees, regardless of residency status.

What is the difference between a course number and a class number?

The course number is the number used in conjunction with the subject code to identify a course. The four-letter subject code, course number, and three-digit section number are wrtten as SECE 5800-001. On a transcript, courses are listed with the subject code, course number, and course title.

The class number is a unique five-digit code associated with individual sections of a course. This is the number that should be entered into the online system when you want to add or drop a course. Some courses can be found in a search using the subject code and course number. Others are hidden from a search and can only be accessed using the five-digit class number. This is typically done to restrict enrollment to a certain group of students. If you cannot find your class in a search, contact the department offering the course.

How do I drop a Continuing and Professional Education course?

Continuing and Professional Education courses can be dropped in the UCDAccess Student Portal before the drop date. Drop dates vary for CPE courses, so check with the department offering the course for the correct date. After the drop date, students must submit a Schedule Adjustment Form with the dean's signature requesting to drop the course. Contact the department offering the course to obtain the appropriate signatures. The signed form can be submitted via fax, email, or in person.

If I drop a Continuing and Professional Education course, can I get my money back?

To be eligible for a refund, courses must be dropped before 15% of the scheduled course time has passed. Tuition refunds/waivers will not be made for courses dropped after this date. Please be aware that informing your instructor of your intention to drop, or failure to attend or participate in the class, or failure to pay your tuition bill, is not evidence of an official drop and will not result in tuition charges being waived. Tuition may be refunded (or waived) only as the result of a formal tuition appeal. Click here for more information on tuition appeals.

How can I get a transcript?

Unofficial transcripts can be viewed and printed by logging into UCDAccess. Under the Academics section of the Student Center, students have the option to view their unoffical transcript from any of the three campuses in the CU System. *Non-credit courses will not appear on an unofficial transcript.

To order official transcripts, visit and click "Request a Transcript." This will open a new window to the transcript ordering portal. There you must create a new account before logging in to order transcripts.

**Non-credit courses are transcripted separately from for-credit courses and can only be ordered via written request. Please follow the instruction to submit a written transcript request at


I'm taking only Continuing and Professional Education courses. Will I be given a UCD email account?

Yes. All students who sign up for courses at UCD will have a standardized email address assigned to them. All university correspondence will be sent to this address unless the user manually elects to have mail forwarded to an alternate address. Click here to view the complete policy.

Are Online Courses available at Discounted Out-of-State Tuition?

Students residing outside the State of Colorado taking exclusively online courses are eligible for a discounted out-of-state tuition rate. This rate is higher than the standard in-state tuition rate, but significantly lower than the non-resident tuition rate.

To receive this rate, you must submit the Discounted Out-of-State Tuition for Online Students Application to the office of the Registrar. If at any time you move to Colorado or take an on-campus course, you are no longer eligible for this discounted rate.


© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.