The Workshop on Policy Process Research (WOPPR) brings faculty and students together in studying the interactions between people and public policy. Among the questions we ask:
- How do people define issues as problems worthy of attention on government agendas?
- What is the role of science and technology in public policy?
- How can people make a difference in public policy?
- How can policies and processes be more effective in serving a democratic society?
- In what ways do formal and informal rules shape behavior?
- What are the sources of policy change?