- Schlager, E. and T. Heikkila. 2009. “Resolving Water Conflicts: A Comparative Analysis of Interstate River Compacts.” Policy Studies Journal. 37(3): 367-392.
- Lall, U. T. Heikkila, C. Brown and T. Siegfried. 2008. “Water in the 21st Century: Defining the Elements of Global Crises and Potential Solutions.” Journal of International Affairs 61(2) 1-17.
- Gerlak, A. K. and T. Heikkila. 2007. “Collaboration and Institutional Endurance in U.S. Water Policy.” PS: Political Science and Politics. (January) 55-60.
- Sabatier, Paul, A., Weible, Christopher, M., and Ficker, Jared. 2005. "Eras of Watershed Management in the United States: Implications for Collaborative Watershed Approaches," In Paul Sabatier et al., eds. Swimming Upstream: Collaborative Approaches to Watershed Management. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Blomquist, W., T. Heikkila and E. Schlager. 2004. “Building the Agenda for Institutional Research in Water Resource Management.” Journal of the American Water Resources Association (August): 925-936.
- Blomquist, W, E. Schlager, and T. Heikkila. 2004. Common Waters, Diverging Streams: Linking Institutions and Water Management in Arizona, California, and Colorado. Washington, D.C.: Resources for the Future Press.
- Heikkila, T. 2004. “Institutional Boundaries and Common-Pool Resource Management: A Comparative Analysis of Water Management Programs in California.” Journal of Policy Analysis and Management. 23(1): 97-117.
- Heikkila, T. 2003. “Coordination in the Management of Water Resources: Understanding the Role of Property Rights Institutions.” Water Policy. 5(4): 331-348.
- Blomquist, W., T. Heikkila and E. Schlager. 2001. “Institutions and Conjunctive Water Management among Three Western States.” Natural Resources Journal. 43(1): 653-683.
Posting of student research is upon nomination by an EAWG faculty member. Please email Robyn Scrafford at email@example.com to make a nomination.