Online BACJ Degree available Fall 2013! Apply now for fall admission! Same degree with more flexibility!
The BACJ degree is an interdisciplinary degree program built on a model proposed by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS), the organization that sets standards for criminal justice degrees. The degree is offered on both the Downtown Campus and the Colorado Springs Campus.
Graduates of the BACJ earn a highly marketable degree, in an area that the State of Colorado considers one of critical future need. Potential employers include law enforcement agencies within state, local and federal government, the Colorado Department of Corrections, probation departments, courts, victims services, juvenile justice, investigation, and non-profits concerned with criminal justice policy.
The BACJ program has a liberal arts basis that teaches students to use critical thinking and analytic skills. Upon completion of the program, students will:
- be able to draw on multiple disciplines and research traditions to identify and understand the social and behavioral contributors to crime and delinquency;
- have a comprehensive understanding of the institutions in the criminal justice system and how politics and policy making affect these institutions;
- have effective critical thinking, oral and written communication skills;
- have a comprehensive knowledge of the ethical concerns of the criminal justice field;
- understand how perceptions of the criminal justice system vary cross-culturally, and how such differences influence policy and public perception;
- understand the impact and interplay of public policy on the trends, solutions, and research in the field;
- have acquired the skills to engage in effective written and oral communication;
- have demonstrated honed interpersonal and leadership skills; and
- have developed a basis for the skills necessary to perform information analysis; engage in critical thinking, problem solving, and evaluation.
For further information:
Laura Valcore, BACJ in Denver:
Phone: 303-315-0021 Laura.Valcore@ucdenver.edu
Katie Kaukinen, BACJ in Colorado Springs:
Phone: 719-262-3033 Catherine.Kaukinen@uccs.edu