AUDITIONS FOR THE SPRING 2013 SEMESTER WILL TAKE PLACE DECEMBER 3rd – 10th. PLEASE REFER TO THE ENSEMBLE CHART FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- To register for an ensemble, students must be given permission numbers from the ensemble director. The permission number can be used only once and cannot be shared with other students. UCDAccess will require the permission number before the ensemble will
be added to the student’s schedule.
- Students will not be able to register directly for ensemble in UCDAccess without permission from the ensemble director. Students can obtain permission from the ensemble director ONLY, regardless of whether the ensemble requires an audition. Students who do not attend the first ensemble class meeting will not be eligible to register for that particular ensemble.
- Most ensembles require an audition, and audition expectations vary by ensemble. Students should contact the instructor of the ensemble to inquire about audition requirements. Descriptions of each ensemble including level of difficulty, instruments, requirements, and director contact information can be found at http://cam.ucdenver.edu/meis > Ensemble Information
- Ensemble auditions will be held during the first week of classes. Auditions will typically be held during the normal class meeting time during that week. A complete schedule will be posted in the CAM Advising Office (AR 177), the MEIS Office (AR 288), as well as distributed via email to all MEIS students at their university email address.
For Audition Track Students (Performance, Music Business & Recording Arts)
- Students must register for an ensemble each and every semester they take applied music lessons. However, students may take ensemble without applied music lessons.
- Students should consult with their applied music lesson instructor for suggested ensembles.
For Non-Audition Track Students (Music Business and Recording Arts)
- MIS students must take at least two semesters of ensemble.
- Beginning musicians may consider Percussion I Ensemble, UCD A Cappella Voices, Musical Theatre Ensemble, and Acoustic Guitar Ensemble
Available Music Ensembles for Spring 2013:
Percussion I and III
Voz de la Clave (Latin Ensemble)
UCD A Cappella Voices
Ninth Street Singers
Musical Theatre Ensemble
The following classes may also be taken once each for ensemble credit:
Commercial Guitar Styles & Theory – Melody, PMUS 1094
Commercial Piano Styles, PMUS 2092
Commercial Singing II (Topics in Music Performance), PMUS 1600
Advanced Jazz Improvisation, PMUS 3300
Advanced Vocal Improvisation, PMUS 3330
For more information on the ensembles listed above including, description, instrumentation, and audition requirements and dates, please download the Ensemble Chart or call the MEIS office at 303.556.3480.