We know you are excited to begin your journey! Here are some things you can do to prepare for your first semester with us.
Checklist Before Classes Begin:
- Get Your Student ID Card
The ID Center is located in the Tivoli Student Union, Room 269 on the Auraria campus. You must be registered for your courses AND have a print-out of your schedule with you in order to get your ID card. For more information, please call 303.556.8385.
A portion of your student fees goes towards your Denver Student ID card and bus pass. Your Denver Student ID will enable you to access the Auraria Library and campus recreation center in Denver.
- Become Familiar With the Campus, Parking and Transportation
We encourage you to visit the campus and become familiar with it before classes begin. You may arrange a campus tour by calling the Office of Admissions at 303.556.2704.
- Become Familiar With Other Services On Campus
- The Disability Resources and Services Office is available to provide accommodations for students with special needs. For more information, please call 303.556.3450.
- The Office of Veteran Student Services is another campus resource. For more information please call 303. 556.2630.
- If you are in need of housing assistance, you can find a database of housing referrals at the Information Desk inside the Tivoli Student Union (second floor) on the Auraria campus, as well as several other resources that you can employ to help with your housing search, including the Student Housing website.
- Student health insurance and dental coverage plans are available to students who meet the enrollment requirements. Tivoli Student Union, Room 303, Denver, telephone 303.556.6273.
- Set Up Your @ucdenver.edu E-mail Account
You will receive information from the campus Admissions office about how to register and set up your email account. There are instructions here to assist you. Remember, email is the official means of communication between the university and students and policy dictates that we communicate with you through your official CU Denver email account. Please check it often.
Activate Email Accounts & Student Portal
Students are required to activate their CU Denver email account & student portal, which will be used for all university-related business. First, activate your account. Follow the instructions for New Students. You will need your CU Denver username and password. If you are having difficulty, contact IT Services Help Desk at 303-724-4357.
Authorize College Opportunity Funds
This tuition stipend is available for undergraduate Colorado residents. To claim this tuition reduction, log into your student portal and click COF Authorization. For more info, visit the COF website.
Obtain Student ID Card
The ID Center is located in the Tivoli Student Union, Room 269. You must be registered for courses and have a print-out of your schedule with you in order to get your ID card. For more information, call 303.556.8385.
Finalize Tuition Payment and Financial Aid
Make payment arrangements with the Bursar’s Office. If you are receiving financial aid, make sure your paperwork is complete.
Bursar: 303.315.1800, Student Commons, 5th Floor
Financial Aid: 303.315.1850, Student Commons, 5th Floor
For more information, contact the Health Center at Auraria, Plaza Building 150, 303.556.2525, ext. 8 or visit the immunizations website.
Math Placement Testing
Students who wish to take Math 1401 must take a placement test given by the Math department in North Classroom, Room 4015. For information about the test and lab hours, call Math at 303.556.8532 or visit the Math department website.
Check Your Schedule
Check UCDAccess frequently to verify enrollment, classrooms, and waitlist status. Print your course schedule the day before classes start (room changes can happen until the day before classes begin).
Have extra time? Why not…